Foreign workers from approved source countries working in the construction, manufacturing, marine, process or services sector.
A Work Permit (WP) is generally issued to foreign unskilled and semi-skilled workers.
The duration of a Work Permit is generally 2 years, subject to the validity of the worker’s passport, the security bond and the worker’s employment period, whichever is shorter.
The worker is only allowed to work for the employer and in the specified occupation.
Foreign workers must comply with the following:
- Work only in the occupation and for the employer specified in the Work Permit card.
- Not take part in any other business or start their own business.
- Reside only at the address set by the employer at the start of employment. They must inform you if they are to change their address.
- Carry their original Work Permit at all times and produce it for inspection on demand by any public officer.
- Not marry a Singapore citizen or permanent resident in or outside Singapore without approval from MOM. This applies even after their Work Permit is expired, cancelled or revoked.
- Not get pregnant or deliver a child in Singapore during the validity of their Work Permit unless they are already married to a Singapore citizen or permanent resident with the approval of MOM. This applies even after their Work Permit is expired, cancelled or revoked.