Entrepreneur work visa is for experienced businessperson interested in buying or establishing a business in NZ. After either six months or two years you can then apply for residence under the Entrepreneur Residence Category.
This three year work visa is structured in two stages:
- Start-up stage: If your application is approved, you will initially be given a 12-month work visa, enabling you to buy or establish your business in New Zealand.
- Balance stage: Once you have proven that you have taken steps to establish your business, you’re granted the remaining 24 months of your visa.
Requirements for this visa include:
- minimum capital investment of NZ$100,000 (excluding working capital)
- 120 points or more, with points awarded for factors about the likely success of the business and its value to New Zealand
- clear business plan
- clean recent history of bankruptcy, business failure and fraud
- health, character and English language requirements.