Singapore is a bustling, world-class city state that has made waves around the world for its business excellence, connectivity to the world and its innovation.
Singapore has been consistently acknowledged as a global business hub – one that features developed infrastructure, political stability, open business policies, a skilled workforce, the use of English as the main working language and respect for intellectual property rights. Many multinational companies have chosen to set up their bases in Singapore, next to 187,700 small and medium enterprises. Business owners all over the world regard Singapore as an ideal location to grow their businesses, with many of them using the country as a springboard to tap into other emerging markets in Asia.
Besides being ranked in the World Bank 2016 Report as the world’s easiest place to do business (out of 189 countries), Singapore has, among its many accolades, the top ranking in the Global Competitiveness Report 2015-2016 by the World Economic Forum as being the most competitive economy in Asia. Singapore was also ranked by the Mercer 2016 Quality of Living Survey as the top Asian country for its quality of life.
Global talent are attracted to Singapore’s meritocratic society that embraces diversity, and a high quality of life in a cosmopolitan environment.
- Strategic geographical location ideal for businesses
- Well-established and well-furnished public infrastructure
- Stable political environment.
- Unrestricted work rights for spouses with entry/reentry permits
- Singapore is the most cost-competitive business location among nine industrialised countries.
Quality of Life
- Best quality of life in Asia (Global quality of living city rankings 2006)
- One of the safest cities in Asia
- Clean and green surroundings
- A shopping paradise
- All manner of high-brow culture and digital-age entertainment
- An unending array of culinary temptations that reflect Singapore’s cosmopolitan population.
- Harmonious multiracial society.
Peaceful & Safe Environment
- Strong law enforcement, low crime rates
- Tropical climate with no natural disasters
- School fees at government institutions are heavily subsidized by the government.
- World-renowned higher learning institutions which are globally-oriented and have exchange programs for international students.
- Safe water supply and sanitation, a high level of medical services and active promotion of preventive medicine.
- The Government ensures that good and affordable basic medical services are made available to all Singaporeans through the provision of heavily subsidised medical services at the public hospitals and government clinics.
- Permanent Residence Visa
- Employment Pass
- Work Permit
- Long Term Social Visit Pass
- Student Visa
Skill shortages in Singapore include:
Financial Professionals – Compliance Managers, Risk management Managers, Information Technology Professionals, Product Controllers, Fixed Income, Currencies ad Commodities Sales/Traders, Investment Management Professionals, Project Management Professionals, Research Analysts and Structurers in Shipping, Aviation, Infrastructure Finance, Real Estate and Commodities, Underwriters and Actuaries in Marine, Aviation, Energy.
Electronics and Precision Engineers – Firmware R&D, HDD-related R&D, Media Process, Network Storage, Wafer Fabrication Process
Chemical and Biomedical Professionals – Chemical, Process Development, Environment Engineer, Automation Process Engineer, QA/QC Specialist
Aerospace and Marine & Offshore Engineers – Design, Petroleum, Reserve, Well, Nano.
Construction Professionals – Project Management, Civil/Structural, Design, Geotechnical, Mechanical, Electrical, Aircon, Instrumentation, Quantity Survey, Resident Technical, Testing and Commissioning, Drafting.
Healthcare Professionals – Doctor, Audiologist, Dietician, Radiographer, Medical/Laboratory Technologist, Nurse, Occupational Therapist, Pharmacist, Physiotherapist, Podiatrist, Radiation Therapist, Respiratory Therapist, Speech Therapist, Social Worker, Dentist, Dental /Hygiene Therapist, Pharmacy Technician.
Information Communication & Digital Media Professionals – Analyst Programmer, Software Engineer, Database/Network Computer Administrator, Systems Analyst, Project Manager, Security Consultant, Solution/Software Architect, Chief Information Officer, Game Producer, Game Programmer, 3D Artist, Animator, Character Artist, Character Designer, Computer Graphic Artist, Concept Artist, Director, Environment Artist, Games Designer, Producer, Screen Writer, Script Writer.
Tourism and Retail Professionals – Lighting Designer, Production Manager, Set Designer, Sound Designer, Stage Designer, Casino Surveillance